Stepwise process detail to link your SBI bank account with aadhaar card – Aadhar Seeding with SBI Bank Account
State Bank of India, being the most popular bank of India, has made it very easy to link Aadhaar Card with its account. Linking can be done online, offline or via a simple text message.
Linking of SBI Bank Account- Online Method
To link SBI Bank Account online, you need to have your Internet Banking facility available. If you have not yet started your internet banking facility, please visit your SBI branch. It is an easy procedure and all you have to do is fill in a form.
Once you have started Internet Banking, follow the following steps to link Aadhaar card with it:
- Open the SBI NetBanking portal on www.onlinesbi.com
- Login using your username and password
- After you are logged in, go to the “My Accounts” section that is available on the top.
- There will be a link “Link your Aadhaar number” on the left hand side. Click on it.
- Choose the correct SBI Saving Account number and enter your 12 digit Aadhaar card number.
Now click on Submit. That’s it! You will receive an email or a text message once your bank account is linked to Aadhaar card.
Linking of SBI Account- Offline Method
If you wish to link your bank account offline, keep the following documents ready:
- Completely filled Aadhaar Linking Letter. You can download it from https://retail.onlinesbi.com/sbi/downloads/UID_Aadhaar_linking_letter.doc
- Photocopy of your Aadhaar card and the original Aadhaar card
- Your SBI Savings Account Passbook.
Mentioned below is the process:
- Download the Aadhaar linking letter from the link shown above and fill all the details properly. Mention your Branch address, your aadhaar card number and your saving account number at the correct blanks.
- Attach a photocopy of your Aadhaar card with the letter.
- Submit the form to your SBI branch. While submission, they will ask to show your passbook and your original Aadhaar card.
Linking of SBI Account- SMS Method
SBI Bank gives the ability to link your Aadhaar card by SMS as well. For this, however, you will have to use the mobile number that is registered with your savings bank account.
Simply send an SMS from your registered mobile number to 567676 with the following details:
UID (space) <Aadhaar number> (space)<Account number>
The bank will update your account number with your Aadhaar card number. It will, however, verify this information manually. Once the verification is complete, you will be notified in your mobile number.
Hope this article will guide you and you are able to now enjoy the benefits provided by the government.