Aadhar Card is a unique identification proof issued by the Indian government to every resident. It contains details of a person including fingerprint and retina scan. The Government provides various schemes for citizens who have the aadhar card. We can link any of our personal details with the aadhar card including bank account number, PAN number, etc. Aadhar card provides various advantage like LPG subsidy amount to your account. For that, we need to link our details with aadhar card.
There is another use for aadhar card which related to fills your Income Tax Return. Previously, you need to fill your tax form and send it to ITR for verification through online without digital signature. The IT Department verify the authenticity of your form. On receipt of Form ITR-V, you have to sign the copy of the form and submit it to the IT Department to complete the filling process. This procedure contains a lot of difficulties to apply. It also takes more time to proceed. Even a small mistake can make rejection of your form, or it will become invalid. To avoid such problems we need to link our Income Tax Return with aadhar card. It makes simply to pay our tax. In this article, we provide the detailed explanation about ITR-V and how to link ITR to aadhar card. So read this article thoroughly for link your ITR to aadhar card.
How to Change your Aadhar Details?
Now, the aadhar card holders need not pay their income tax returns manually. If you link your ITR with the aadhar card, then you can be done that and verified by Electronic Verification Certification system.
Steps to link your ITR with Aadhar card online
- First of all, visit the official page of aadhar card i.e. https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/
- Login to Income Tax Portal
- Click on profile
- Select Link Aadhar
- Enter your aadhar enrollment number and click on link now
- Check and verify your which appears on the screen. If your details are not matched, the process will fails.
- If the details are matched, the aadhar card successfully updates your details.
- The confirmation message will send to your email/mobile number.
Verify ITR Using Aadhar
If you successfully link your PAN card with the Aadhar card, then you can verify your Income Tax Returns.
Steps to verify your ITR-V
- Login to your income tax account
- Click on e-File and select e-Verify Returns
- Select your returns
- Click on verify returns
- An OTP will send to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on continue.
- Download the acknowledgment slip for future reference.
After completion of the request, you will get an URN number to your mobile. Save this number to track your aadhar card status and future reference.