Aadhar card contains unique identification number. It works as, identity proof and address proof. It contains details of individuals include fingerprint, iris scan and the photograph. Now, it is necessary for receiving any government schemes.
Recent days, UIDAI has been receiving many complaints regarding incorrect information which present in aadhar card. Even if we provide correct details, there are some mistakes in aadhar card like a spelling mistake, incorrect address, unclear photograph, etc. We can update this through online. If you want to update your details, then you can easily do this by visiting UIDAI website. It needs your aadhar number and mobile number. The official page of UIDAI is uidai.gov.in
Aadhar Card Update
You can update this through both online and offline mode. If you want to update your details in offline mode, you need to fill the form which provided in aadhar center and send it through the postal service. It will take more time to process.
In the online method, you need to visit the official page of UIDAI. There you need to select update aadhar card option under aadhar enrollment. There you need to enter your aadhar enrollment number, date of birth, and registered mobile number. An OTP will send to your mobile number, which is your one-time password to log in. In current page, you need click on edit option in the right top corner. Then you can change or update details for the aadhar card. Update your details carefully and verify it before save your details. The confirmation message will appear on your screen. Save the URN number for your future reference. It is necessary to check the status of your aadhar card. Now you successfully update aadhar card. In a few days, you will receive the updated copy of your aadhar card.
Check Aadhar Status
You can check the current status of your aadhar card through online at anywhere and anytime. The UIDAI provides various web portals for all your queries. Here you can check the current status of your aadhar card.
Follow the steps to check the status of your aadhar card in a simple way which we mentioned below. It is easy to understand and also consumes less time to process. Candidates are requested to keep acknowledgment copy your aadhar card for further reference.
- At first, you need to visit the official page of aadhar card i.e. gov.in
- In the home page, you need search for check aadhar status under aadhar enrollment
- Click on it
- A form will appear on your screen
- Fill the form by providing your correct details
- Enter the security code
- If you cannot see the code clearly, click on try another for new one
- Check and verify your details
- Click on check status
- In a few seconds, the current status of your aadhar card will appear on the screen.
What are the Documents required to change or “Update Aadhar Card” details
Get the list of documents required to update your Aadhar card details – documents needed for Aadhaar Card correction online as well as via post.
UIDAI – Unique Identification Authority of India requires these proofs in bold letters for Aadhar Card: 1) Identification Proof 2) Address Proof 3) Date of Birth Proof. Given below is the UIDAI accepted list of Aadhar Card update documents.
You need to send only the related document to your change request.
Depending upon the nature of your Aadhar card change request, a self-attested supporting document required to be uploaded.
- To change the Name on AADHAR card, a copy of Identity proof is required.
- To change the Address on AADHAR card, a copy of Address Proof is required
- To change the Date of Birth on AADHAR card, a copy of Date of Birth is required.
Your full name should be clearly highlighted below the signature or thumbprint while attesting the document. For small kids and children below five years old, who may be not having the proof identity and address, proof of their parents and Guardians are accepted by UIDAI. In this case parents, themselves have to fill and sign/ thumbprint the form.
Supported Proof Of Identity Documents Containing Name and Photo
- Legal Name Change Certificate
- Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT
- PAN Card
- Ration / PDS Photo Card
- Photo Bank ATM Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID Cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
- Arms License
- Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution
- NREGS Job Card
- Freedom Fighter Photo Card
- Photo Credit Card
- Pensioner Photo Card
- Proof of Marriage document issued by the Registrar
- Kissan Photo Passbook
- CGHS / ECHS Photo Card
- Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Marriage Certificate
- Gazette Notification
(For above documents, where original document does not have photo, the photocopy/scan of the documents must be taken along with the Resident’s photo)
Supported Proof of Address Documents Containing Name and Address
- Ration Card
- Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State / UT Governments / Administrations
- Bank Statement / Passbook
- Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
- Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Freedom Fighter Card
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Insurance Policy
- NREGS Job Card
- Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
- Pensioner Card
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead
- CGHS / ECHS Card
- Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Arms License
- Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
- Passport of Spouse
- Kissan Passbook
- Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Passport of Parents (in case of Minor)
- Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Income Tax Assessment Order
Supported Proof of Date of Birth Documents
- SSLC Book / Certificate
- Birth Certificate
To apply for change or correction in Aadhar Card online, Aadhar Card Corrections Online
To apply for change or correction in Aadhar Card via Post, Change Address on Aadhar Card